Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Turkey Chili

This is a simple and Clean Eating worthy recipe. It also has only basic ingredients but still YUM!

Ingredients

  • 1.2 lbs lean ground turkey (I used 7% lean beef for the extra iron boost)
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, ( no salt added)
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp cumin powder
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste (optional)
  • 1-2 tbsp virgin olive oil

Instructions

Brown diced onion and diced garlic in olive oil with the cayenne and cumin powders. Add turkey, brown. Drain and rinse beans. Once the turkey is looking cooked add beans, diced tomatoes, water and tomato paste for the desired taste. Simmer and serve with your choice of topping.....i used either chopped fresh spinach or broccoli, Yum!

* You can add more or less cumin, cayenne and tomato paste depending on your needs.

*Tip: I cook in my cast iron Dutch Oven, or skillet when I can. I tend to need every extra iron boost I can get and this is proven to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment