Zesty soup with a little kick, perfect on a cold day. Vegetables can be added or taken away to fit personal tastes. Makes for great leftovers!
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen corn kernels
- 1.5 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 15 oz. can black olives (sliced)
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chiles (or habaneros for some extra heat)
- 2 packs taco seasoning
- 2.5 C. water
- 1 pack dry ranch dressing mix (optional)
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (do not drain)
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans (do not drain)
In a soup pot, brown onions in oil until tender.
Add ground turkey and cook thoroughly.
Strain excess grease (to remove more fat, run under hot water).
Add turkey, onions, and all other ingredients to pot, and let simmer for 25 minutes.
For a more flavorful soup:
Put all ingredients in a crock pot and let simmer all day.
Replace 1C. Water with chicken or vegetable broth.
Tips & Bonus Information
Per Serving: Calories: 186.2 Total Fat: 10.6 g Cholesterol: 33.7 mg Sodium: 821.1 mg Total Carbs: 12.9 g Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g Protein: 9.8 g Make it Healthier: Buy all veggies fresh! It'll add some time to the cooking process, but you cut way back on the preservatives.
Yield: 12 Servings
Preparation Time: Approximately 30 minutes (to prepare and cook)