Add some kick to your meals with this delicious side salad! The combination of lemon and Worcestershire sauce in the dressing will have your taste buds dancing while the healthy fats in this salad feed your skin to make it glow!
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ tsp / 2.5 ml sea salt
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp / 5 ml Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 cup / 120 ml best-quality olive oil
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 10 cups of the lettuce of your choice
• 1/3 cup / 90 ml toasted pumpkin seeds
- Rinse lettuce of your choice under cold water and set aside in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, add minced garlic and salt.
- Whisk lemon and Worcestershire sauce into the garlic.
- Continue to whisk the dressing while slowly pouring the olive oil in a steady stream. Whisk until smooth.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add pumpkin seeds to the lettuce then pour the dressing over top.
- Toss the lettuce to coat with dressing and serve.
The dressing for this salad is perfect for a Clean Caesar Salad! Tear two heads of romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces, add the dressing and toss to coat, then serve with fresh parmesan cheese on top. Much healthier than a regular Caesar salad but with all of the flavor!
Nutritional Value for One Serving of Salad:
Calories from Fat: 98
Total Fat: 10.9 g
Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
Total Carbs: 4.3 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 3.86 g
Sodium: 56 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg