Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Cucumber Salad


I found this recipe HERE while I was searching for HCG Diet recipes. I also found THIS recipe that made me think of adding the cucumber and making a salad. (I haven't tasted that recipe, but it looks good too.) The Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Cucumber Salad is so yummy I plan to enjoy it for years to come. I hope you like it as much as I do!

Serving Size: 1

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cucumber, julienned
  • Small - medium shrimp, 15 - 20
  • Coconut Oil, 2 Tbs
  • Garlic, 2 cloves
  • Ground Red Pepper, a dash or two
  • Minced (dried) onion, a few shakes
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cilantro (chopped) to taste
  • Green Onion (chopped) to taste 

Directions:
  1. If shrimp is frozen, defrost it.
  2. Julienne your cucumber. Toss your cucumber in a bowl with some sea salt, pepper, and dried minced onion, cilantro and green onion. (You could also add a little bit of lemon juice.) Set aside to "marinate."
  3. Heat coconut oil in a skillet.
  4. Add garlic (I use my garlic press) and ground red pepper, and a few shakes of the dried minced onion.
  5. When the garlic and onion begin to brown, add the shrimp to your skillet. Cook the shrimp until golden, then flip those little buggers over and brown on the opposite side.
  6. Now add your lemon zest and lemon juice. Let cook for a two or three minutes.
  7. Optional: Salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Put the warm shrimp over those flavorful cucumbers. Pour the rich "sauce" from the pan over your shrimp and cucumbers for an tasty dressing.
  9. Toss and ENJOY!
**UPDATE - July 22, 2012: 

I found THIS way too cook shrimp.  I used all the same ingredients in the above recipe, but cooked it this way: 
  1. Prehead oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with sides with foil.
  2. Drizzle coconut oil on lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle the dry ingredients on top of the oil.  Lay SLICED lemons on top of the seasoning.  Lay the shrimp on top of everything.  
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Flip shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes, until light golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment