For me, this salad was originally served as a meal at our sister Michelle's house. (She got the recipe from her friend, Erin Griffitts.) It's been one of my favorites ever sense! Every time I serve it or take it to a pot luck, everyone raves about it. Simple, easy, fast, and delicious. You can't beat that!
- 1 pound Tri Color Cole Slaw Mix
- 1 bunch Green Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds, toasted if you like
- 1 cup Salted Sunflower Seeds
- 2 pkgs Ramen Noodles (Chicken) broken and toasted. (It's easiest if you break it up before you open the bag.) Reserve the seasoning packet
- ¾ cup Oil
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Seasoning Packets From Ramen
Mix all the salad ingredients together in a bowl. Make dressing
separately. Pour dressing over salad up to 1 hour before serving,
NOTES: If I want to make this a meal you can add shredded chicken.